Saturday, May 12, 2012

Signature Saturday - Jose Hernandez

Earlier this week I went to a Winston-Salem Dash/Frederick Keys game to get some Dash autographs for chisoxcollector. He sent a bunch of cards so after rainouts Tuesday and Wednesday, I snuck away from work on Thursday to catch the first game of the double header. I noticed Jose Hernandez was the Hitting Coach for the Keys so in addition to the 50-60 Dash cards I got signed, I knocked out a few Jose Hernandez cards for my own collection.

Hernandez had 2 stints with the Cubs with the first coming from 1994-1999. A trade with Colorado brought him back to the Cubs in 2003 where he spent a month with the team before being dealt to Pittsburgh as part of the Aramis Ramirez deal.

I wish I had noticed he was a coach with the Keys sooner so I could have had an ATCRCS card ready. Instead, I found a few mainstream cards that I already had in my collection and had him sign those.

1995 & 1996 Donruss


1995 & 1996 Fleer


1999 Topps & Topps Stadium Club 


No comments:

Post a Comment